Tuesday, August 14, 2012

making comets


 I've been thinking about lamps a lot lately. Not desk lamps necessarily but sculptural objects that catch sunlight by day and illuminate by night.

I like the idea of a comet touching down or colliding on an angle, its an interesting visual to me. These crystalline forms have a sort of downward motion which mirrors that idea.





I like posting quick studio shots of my work because it describes the way I view the work. On shelves, inbetween processes, thats when some of the best thinkin gets done. This ruby coloured one isn't finished but i just had to sandblast it and stick some light in there to see what happened. It's raw moments and effects like these that are the most exciting parts of art making.

This is the interior of the blue comet.

No comments:

Post a Comment